One and all, I am sorry I didn’t have a blog last week. The internet is kinda sketchy here..I mean I am in Peru ok? Haha so please forgive me! Here are a few highlights from last week:
I got a package from my family which was AMAZING!! I’ve never been that excited to eat candy before..I will never take Hershey kisses and fun dips for granted ever again! And my fruit rollup craving was also quickly fixed J What can I say my family is the best and they know me oh so well.
The sky around the Aldea has become accustomed to turning pink at night, right after dinner time and before it goes black. In a way that makes everything also look pink, which is extremely pretty!
We handed out valentines to the kids for Valentine’s day aka el dia de amor( the day of love)! They were all so cute about getting a card, thanking us and smiling really big when they read the part that said “we love you”. I love these children. Look for yourself, how can your heart not melt when you see these:
| Boys of Casa 2 |
| Manuel! See we also got to go swimming :) |
| Last week we also perfected the art of capturing cock roaches! |
I got to visit Chan Chan..the ancient ruins near Hunchaco that were built by the Chimu people that were in Hunchaco before the Incans. We were able to tour one of the nine palaces, the only one that has been restored so far. It’s crazy to think of how different their lives were from ours and I can’t wait to one day know everything about how they lived and what they did.
And we had cow intestines on Friday, which meant we only had to have it once because we left for Trujillo for the weekend before dinner.
Hey speaking of packages, hopefully you got mine today!! Ha you would take a baby chick and name it while your over there. Have you even seen it since that day? Stay down there and keep singing justin beiber songs and you may become a peruvian icon.... its possible. Son bromas, siempre tienes que regresar por aca para que estes conmigo, ya te extrano demasiado, entonces no te puedes quedar en peru. Sigas estudiando el espanol... solo 5 semanas! Te amo
ReplyDelete